Developers use Trade to move units
Developers use Trade to sell units without having to deeply discount them
- The Deal? A local developer asks TEC about selling three available condominiums.
- TEC advertised the condos with a Trade down-payment of 20 per cent and got three offers within two weeks.
- TEC provided the buyers with interest-free trade loans to use as down-payments on the condos.
- Cost? Cash cost to the buyers totaled $10,000 to $15,000 each (that is, the wholesale cost of goods), saving buyers from $25,000 to $30,000 each.
- Savings? The developer gets new clients without having to discount their units by selling to a captive market and the extra revenue is used to purchase supplies for their next project.
- Bottom Line: TEC introduced the buyers to new clients through its network of businesses so that it could pay back the interest-free loans.